Throughout my day I make judicious use of timers, even when I'm not cooking. They help to keep me on track, keep me focused, keep me from being late, and most of all, help me take care of myself.Read More
Hyperfocus describes a tendency of some ADHDers to focus intently on what interests us to the exclusion of other, potentially more important things. Many times we might become so engrossed in doing something, we seem to tune out those around us, and the world as a whole. In some ways, hyperfocus can be seen as the other side of the distractibility coin.Read More
For almost two years now, I've struggled with split branding. During that same two years, I was fully aware that splitting myself into multiple "brands" was not only confusing, but a ton of work. I've finally come to the realization that This ADHD Life is MY brand.Read More
I was ready to record a podcast but made the mistake of keeping my computer updated.Read More
It's about time I introduce you to my office manager.Read More
Coaching for a Month
Perhaps you'd like to try coaching but are skeptical of committing for three months. Or maybe you know that coaching is right for you, but you want to "try me out" before signing on as a long- term client. Simply choose how many sessions you'd like below to start the signup process.
A $45 administrative fee is added to the option you choose. When you choose to continue coaching, you will receive that fee back in the form of a discount on your next plan.
Most Popular Package - 3 Months of Coaching
By far the most popular way for folks to get started with coaching is to sign up for three sessions per month for three months (3x). With that in mind I offer a $100 discount when you sign up and pay for all three months of coaching today. Best of all, your discount is locked in for as long as we continue our coaching partnership!
You may also choose to prepay for a different number of sessions per month while also receiving a discount.
If you prefer to pay monthly, scroll down the page to the "Monthly Payments" section.
Save by Paying in Advance!
Pay As You Go
Plans are billed on a recurring basis until cancelled. You agree to pay for a minimum of 3 months when choosing plans on this page.
Included with each plan
- Designated number of calls with each lasting up to 60 minutes
- Support by e-mail, text and other apps as needed
- Up to 3, 10 minute "tune-up" calls, if needed
No Pressure Coaching
I very much believe the coaching partnership should be free of pressure. One way I honor this ideal is by offering various coaching packages and payment options to suit your situation and personality.
Help Me Choose
We'll find the perfect plan for you based on how you answer these questions.
- Do you need a one-off coaching session, right now?
- Yes? Book an Instant Coaching session.
- No? Keep going.
- How many sessions (1-4) per month would you like?
- Are you willing to commit to three months?
- Yes? Head to question 4.
- No? Signup for a month-long coaching trial.
- Would you like to pay for 3 months in advance in order to receive a discount?
If you are the type of person who likes simplicity and just wants to get started, you'll be best served by visiting the top section of the Quarterly Coaching page. There you'll choose the default 3 sessions per month, and receive a $100 discount by paying for all 9 sessions in advance.
If you'd prefer to pay by the month, you can do that on the bottom of that page.
There are two sections to our agreement. The first section, below, describes our commitment to your growth, wellbeing and confidentiality. The second section, terms and conditions, spells out the nuts and bolts of our paid relationship.
Coaching is a partnership (defined as an alliance, not a legal business partnership) between a Coach and the Client in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the client to maximize personal and professional potential.
- I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my physical, mental, and emotional well-being during my coaching calls, including my choices and decisions. I accept full responsibility for meeting my goals and other agreed-upon outcomes. I am aware that I can choose to discontinue coaching at any time.
- I understand that Coaching is a professional-client relationship that I have with you, my coach, that is designed to facilitate the creation/development of personal, professional, or business goals and to develop and carry out a strategy/plan for achieving those goals.
- I promise that I will make the time needed to fully engage in this coaching process. I agree to be as present as possible during each coaching session. I understand that I am in the position of accepting responsibility for those assignments I agree to take on. I agree that I will complete those assignments in between coaching sessions. I will prepare for each coaching session by doing any of the agreed-upon preparation work.
- I understand that Coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve all areas of my life, including work, finances, health, relationships, education, and recreation. I acknowledge that deciding how to handle these issues, incorporate coaching into those areas, and implement my choices is exclusively my responsibility. I understand that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for professional advice by legal, financial or other qualified professionals and will seek independent professional guidance for such matters.
- I understand that Coaching does not involve the diagnosis or medical treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association. I understand that Coaching is not a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, or substance abuse treatment, and I will not use it in place of any form of diagnosis, treatment, or therapy.
- I promise that if I am currently in therapy or otherwise under the care of a mental health professional, that I have consulted with the mental health care provider regarding the advisability of working with a coach and that this person is aware of my decision to proceed with the coaching relationship.
- I understand that information will be held as confidential unless I state otherwise, in writing, except as required by law. I understand that certain topics may be anonymously and hypothetically shared with other coaching professionals for training or consultation purposes.
- I agree to serve as your coach and to help you achieve mutually agreed upon goals . These goals may include, but are not limited to:
• Personal and/or professional clarity
• Increased production and/or superior job performance
• Increased physical health
• Creating ideal personal and/or professional relationships
• Developing increased self-sufficiency and self-respect
• Developing greater self awareness
• Increased understanding of ADHD symptoms and systems
- As your coach, I cannot guarantee results. I can tell you that you will create different results just by having the courage to experiment with your life.
- During the time we spend together in our coaching, I will devote my time, thought, and energy to you exclusively. In between our sessions, I may not be readily available as I will be attending others, including myself. I will return your call or email as soon as I possibly can Monday through Thursday.
- I will maintain confidentiality regarding information you choose to share with me.
- I am not trained to provide psychotherapy. If any issues come up for you that should be handled by a licensed therapist or physician, we can stop coaching while you attend to your health. Or, if coaching and therapy can co-exist for you (you can still move forward toward your goals), we can continue.
This coaching relationship, as well as all information (documented or verbal) that the Client shares with the Coach as part of this relationship, is bound to confidentiality by the ICF Code of Ethics but is not considered a legally confidential relationship (like in Medicine or Law). The Coach agrees not to disclose any information pertaining to the Client without the Client’s written consent. The Coach will not disclose the Client’s name as a reference without the Client’s consent. Confidential information does not include information that: (a) was in the Coach’s possession prior to its being furnished by the Client; (b) is generally known to the public or in the Client’s industry; (c) is obtained by the Coach from a third party, without breach of any obligation to the Client; (d) is independently developed by the Coach without use of or reference to the Client’s confidential information; or (e) that the Coach is required by law to disclose.
Exceptions to Confidentiality Agreement
I recognize that in certain rare and unusual situations, my coach may be required by law or ethical considerations to reveal con dential information. Examples of these unusual situations include but are not limited to: when required by a court of law, such as the coach being called to testify by one of the parties or a third party; when the coach learns of information that poses a danger or threat of harm or injury to a person; when required by ethical duty or law to report, such as if coach learns of abuse or a workplace harassment situation.
Release of Information
The Coach engages in training and continuing education pursuing and/or maintaining ICF (International Coach Federation) and PAAC (Professional Association of ADHD Coaches) Credentials. That process requires the names and contact information of all Clients for possible verification by the ICF, PAAC or the coaching school. By signing this agreement, you agree to have only your name, contact information, number of coaching hours and start and end dates of coaching shared with ICF and PAAC staff members and/or other parties involved in this process for the sole purpose of verifying the coaching relationship, no personal notes will be shared.
According to the ethics of our profession, topics may be anonymously and hypothetically shared with other coaching professionals for training, supervision, mentoring, evaluation, further coach professional development and/or consultation purposes.
Termination of Agreement
Either the Client or the Coach may terminate this agreement at any time.
Terms and Conditions
As part of this agreement, you agree to the terms and conditions of our paid relationship.
Revised: January 1, 2018
Included with Each Coaching Plan
- Sessions of up to 60 minutes in length each
- Support via email, text, Snapchat and/or other text based services*
- 3 "touch base" calls (up to 10 minutes each) if needed
*Note: I try my best to return all messaged within 24 hours except during planned vacations, holidays, and days off.
You are responsible for scheduling of your coaching calls.
Please schedule the days and times of our coaching calls through use of my online booking form (https://thisadhdlife.com/coaching-call). If you are uncomfortable using my online scheduler, we can schedule future calls at the conclusion of each session.
You may reschedule each session once provided:
- Notice is given 24 hours in advance of the scheduled time
- The new date is within one week of the initially scheduled date
I will initiate all scheduled calls, and will call you at the number provided in your profile. If you will be at any other number for a scheduled call, please notify the me prior to the scheduled appointment time.
For "touch up" calls, feel free to text me to see whether I have a same-day opening.
For monthly plans, all calls are to be scheduled and completed within 35 days of the payment date. For three month plans, you have 100 days to schedule and complete your calls.
It is your responsibility to notify me at least 24 hours ahead of a scheduled call time should you need to cancel, or reschedule a call. Failure to attend a session, or provide the 24 hour notice as described above may result in forfeiture of that session, or assessment of a $50 missed appointment fee.
Services are paid prior to our first call each month. Payment is initiated through my online billing system. Monthly plans are billed on a recurring basis. Once we agree our coaching partnership has come to an end, please cancel the recurring billing. I will assist you with that process if needed. Quarterly and Yearly prepaid plans are non-recurring.
You will be added to an “Active Clients” mailing list hosted by Mailchimp.com. This mailing list will be used for the sole purpose of informing the Client about changes to EFL Coaching, LLC business hours, milestones achieved by the Coach, and new program offerings. Once the coaching partnership has concluded, Client will be moved to “Former Client” status at which time they may wish to unsubscribe from these mailings. A link to do so will be found at the bottom of each mailing.
You will also be added to my This ADHD Newsletter mailing list, also hosted by Mailchimp. You may unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time.
My practice fills by referrals. If you are gaining value from our relationship, I hope you will encourage appropriate friends, family members, and colleagues to speak with me. I will be happy to speak with anyone you refer and will introduce them to another qualified coach if the fit doesn’t feel “right”.
Services are provided by EFL Coaching, LLC which is granted the use of ThisADHDLife.com for the purposes of client management and marketing. ThisADHDLife.com is in no way part of this coaching agreement.
The Coach makes no guarantees or warranties, express or implied. In no event will the Coach be liable to the Client for consequential or special damages. Notwithstanding any damages that the Client may incur, the Coach’s entire liability under this agreement, and the Client’s exclusive remedy, will be limited to the amount paid by the Client to the Coach under this agreement for all services rendered up until the termination date.
This is the entire agreement of the parties, and reflects a complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter. This agreement supersedes all prior written and oral representations.
If a dispute arises out of this agreement that cannot be resolved by mutual consent, the Client and Coach agree to attempt to mediate in good faith for up to 60 days after notice given. If the dispute is not resolved, the parties agree to be bound by the decision of a mutually agreed upon arbitrator whose fees will be split equally between the parties.
All services are considered non-refundable
Acceptance of terms
By paying for a coaching program, you acknowledge you have read and accept the Terms and Conditions listed on this page, as well as the “Client Responsibilities”, “Coach Responsibilities”, “Privacy”, and "Termination" sections of the Coaching Agreement.
Revised: January 1, 2018
Jennie Friedman of the See in ADHD podcast invited me on her show today to share an Awareness Month tip.
I talk with Jennie about my various capture lists, task day care, and the importance of fiber in a podcast's RSS feed.
When one refers to Executive Function(s) they are referring to a set of skills that someone may find difficult, or even impossible, to learn.Read More
Sometimes during a coaching session, a client needs some space to decompress and/or get some stuff "off their chest". When this happens they offered a chance to BMW.Read More
As Simple as 1...2...3
Sometimes you just need a one-time session to work through a specific issue. I'm happy to offer "Instant Coaching" sessions to meet this need.
Great for former clients
If you've been coached before and find yourself in a situation where you know coaching would help, Instant Coaching is for you. While this option is priced higher than my package offers, it does come with the ability to book a session within two hours, based on availability.
Rates from $150-$175*.
1. Pick your time
2. Use the form below to pay for your session
3. Await my call
In honor of ADHD Awareness Month 2017 I have been recording one video per day to celebrate. Each video is 2-3 minutes long and covers how one can be aware of their own or a loved one's ADHD, struggles and solutions.Read More
All times are listed as Eastern
I'm excited to announce the availability of a one month ADHD and Life Coaching trial!
I'm excited to announce the availability of a one month ADHD and Life Coaching trial!Read More